You’ve been asking for another LOL tournament, so here it is!
All games must be played in the store on our PCs. This is to prevent hacking, griefing and allowing higher ranked players to sub in for usual team members. It also creates an electric tournament-like atmosphere for emerging teams to gain experience with a live crowd watching.
Feel free to print the Entry Form, but please be sure to hand it into the store in person.
If you have any questions, please drop by our shop or call us on (03) 8358 4899.
– 1st place: $200 cash for the team to split + 3200 RP and Triumphant Ryze skin for every player
– 2nd place: $100 cash for the team to split + 2400 RP per player
– 3rd place: 1600 RP per player
– 4th place: 800 RP per player
– Highest placed team of under 17-year olds: $50 cash for the team to split in addition to any other prizes won
– All games will be played as 5v5 Tournament Drafts on Summoner’s Rift
– Register your team of up to seven players (five mains and two subs) in store before 7pm Wednesday 25 March 2015
– First pairings announced Thursday 26 March 2015
– Teams have one week to play their two opponents on our PCs anytime we are open (Mon-Wed 10am-7pm, Thurs-Sat 10am-Midnight, Sunday 10am-5pm)
– Games can be arranged with the other team via the Facebook group ‘PC Players at PGS’
– Receive 3 points for a win, 1 point for a loss, 0 points for not showing up without trying to reschedule at least 24 hours prior
– Teams must abide by all tournament rules stipulated by Riot’s tournament guidelines at http://cdn.leagueoflegends.com/prized-events/Tournament+Rules+Beta.pdf
– Players may use their own tournament-legal peripherals (keyboard, mouse, headphones)
– Family members and friends of team members get priority seating to view games
– Weekly pairing are bracketed by overall points
– The ladder and pairings will be posted in store and in the Facebook group on Thurs 26 March, Mon 6 April, Mon 13 April, Mon 20 April
– Entrants will face eight opponents in total over a four week period with 24 points maximum
– The top four teams on Thursday 30 April enter a best of three single elimination final with free computer use for matches
– 1st will play 4th and 2nd will play 3rd on Saturday 2 May at whatever time suits them
– The finalists will play on Sunday 3 May at 2pm
– $20 entry per team due on sign up
– $2p/h computer use fee for computer maintenance and internet usage (usually $4p/h) due before matches start. Unused time is saved on your account for future use
– Average cost per player in our last month-long tournament was approximately $14.05 including entry fee split between seven members and games lasting an average of 42 minutes
– Actual cost depends on how many members in your team and how long your games take
– A minimum of 10 teams are required for the tournament to go ahead. Tell your friends!